Monday, January 9, 2012

02-06-12 KC



































KC is doing wonderfully. She actually jumped into the car Friday when I came home. She loves to ride and I have purchased a dog car seat for her safety. She totally enjoys playing with her brothers Chance and Scooter and cuddles with them sometimes when they are sleeping. She is beautiful and loves her new daddy too. Like Belles, her toys do bore her at times and that is when she really goes after Chance and Scooter for playtime. They play run and tumble and tug of war a lot. She thinks Chance is the King and responds to his every move. If he goes on alert, so does she. Scooter loves to play with her when Chance will let him. Chance doesn't want to share her with him and he barks a lot if Scooter and KC are playing so I sometimes just eliminate him from the arena. Scooter watches her every move.


She has learned how to use the doggy door and will go out and dig or play by herself. I have seen her just sitting by the tree watching birds and cows. If she hears her brothers bark inside she comes running, or if I call her. If they run outside as if there is an alarm, she runs to my feet and sits.


She loves helping with the dishes and laundry, grabbing a sock and taking off, or waiting til she can climb in the dryer and lay on the warm clothes. I do not mind. She often lays in the bed with me and comes and snuggles her nose in my neck if I call her. But she is just wonderful and I adore her. Thank you. All is well. Her nose is very black and she has several spots of cream and still the silver in her tail. She is doing very well with sit and down. She also knows at noon when I go home for lunch what 'do you want your treat" means and where it is, running to the storage cabinet. She patiently waits while I give the boys theirs and tell them to take them outside. Then she gets hers. She is also patient getting her vest and leash on. We walk to the mailbox often to get the mail.


Anyway, all is good and we are all in love.












KC Mom






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






Belles had her 16 week shots on Friday, so by this next Friday I will finally be able to take her outside and start potty training.

Belles is becoming very bored at this stage – very quickly. The toys don’t seem to interest her much. I keep moving her around from room to room and having her play with different dogs. She comes into the study and stays in her crate where she is very content – just to be around us and the other dogs. She is very aware and watches everything and doesn’t want to miss out on anything!

Belles has demolished her first toothbrush. Bailey’s parents give her one to chew on, so she can think of it as fun and not dread seeing the toothbrush. So, I thought I would try this. But I haven’t tried brushing teeth yet.

I trimmed Belles feet and ears the other day. I had the vet do her toenails- just didn’t have the time to try the sanding paper yet. It seems she is all LEGS now! She isn’t shredding her papers like she did, but still shreds the potty pads (I know this will pass)!

Belles still stays close to me. I really have to watch not stepping on her in the utility room and kitchen when she is out of her pen.

Belles is like her half-brother Radar (from the 2010 litter). She is out the gate immediately!! But she follows me back into the utility room or kitchen! She likes to follow me (which is a good thing)!

I will have to wait to enroll her in Puppy Class since we are going on vacation, but will start walking her everyday outside and having her meet dogs in the neighborhood. She met CoCo the Dachshund the other day!










Belles coat is changing colors. She even has some hints of red along with the silver and cream.