Saturday, November 26, 2011

11-26-11 Six Weeks Old




Happy Birthday Puppies - 6 Weeks!


The puppies awoke early (5:15 AM). I put them to bed early, and most were ready to eat this morning early. Last night, I started feeding them individually to slow down their eating rate. Some didn't even show any interest in eating without the competition. We have one or two (depending on the time of day) who are having a separation problem from me or their siblings. You will know because we have a ton of crying happening! I will offer them food to make sure this isn't the problem. Of course, I have several other puppies that are sleeping without a problem as a comparison. If they don't eat the food, you know there is another problem. If this happens to you, I don't pick them up when they are crying. They have to be quiet or bad behavior will be reinforced. I have classic music playing to calm them down. I let them cry themselves to sleep - just like you would a child.